SBJBC UK Services to Members
The SBJBC offers a range of advisory services, through our offices in London and Riyadh, as well as access to high level governmental and private sector networks in both the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom.
In cooperation with Department for International Trade, (previously UK Trade & Investment) and other professional service providers, SBJBC UK can also offer members and other British companies quick start and soft-landing support in Saudi Arabia. We also work closely with our Saudi Partners to facilitate two-way trade and investment.
Our key services are:
- Participation by invitation in bi-annual Joint Council meetings and high level networking receptions, alternating between the UK and Saudi Arabia. Ministers of Trade and senior officials from both countries are normally invited to join.
- Participation by invitation in joint Saudi/UK working groups developing business-to-business cooperation and exchanges of expertise in Education, Healthcare, Professional services, SMEs and Transport.
- Access to business briefings and networking events in the UK and Saudi Arabia, addressed by Ministers, senior officials and business leaders.
- Market advice and guidance including introductions to sources of business support, vetted professional services and local business networks.
- Regular newsletters and introductions to potential partners through a dedicated SBJBC website, and close cooperation with Department of International Trade and the Council of Saudi Chambers of Commerce & Industry.
- Informal mentoring and hot desk facilities in cooperation with other multipliers and SBJBC founder members with a presence in Saudi Arabia.
- Communicating business concerns and potential barriers to trade to government authorities in both countries.
- Assisting through SBJBC good offices in settling commercial disputes between Saudi and UK parties.
In order to achieve these goals, the Council is developing practical cooperation initiatives in sector working groups. The Council works closely with both governments and other trade associations in pursuit of its objectives, and is a partner in the British Chambers of Commerce Global Business Network and the Department for International Trade’s Overseas Business Networks Initiative.
Launched in late 2012 by the Prime Minister, the Overseas Business Networks initiative aims to transform the support available for British SMEs seeking to do business in high-growth, hard-to-access markets across the world. It is a crucial part of the drive to double the UK’s annual exports to £1 trillion and to increase the number of UK exporters by 100,000 by 2020.
SBJBC New Services
The Saudi British Joint Business Council (SBJBC UK) and Arabian Enterprise Incubators (AEI) have formed a partnership for the delivery of a range of business support services for SBJBC members and UK companies doing or seeking to do business in Saudi Arabia.
These services build on the SBJBC’s extensive high-level networks in the Kingdom as well as our offices in both countries. They range from logistical support in-country to specialist market entry advice prior to visiting.
The services are available to all SBJBC members but primarily aimed at small and mid-sized UK companies interested in doing business with Saudi Arabia, the UK’s most important market in the Middle East.
Quick start packages
- Practical support in setting up locally, including serviced offices and accommodation, recruitment and employment assistance, and access to other professional service providers as needed.
Market entry advice leading to a hosted market visit
- Tailored route to market briefings prior to visiting and Saudi visa sponsorship leading to a hosted market visit.
For further details please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org